Monday, March 8, 2010

3rd and Final Baby Shower!

On Saturday Johns mom and sister hosted a baby shower for us and johns family and childhood friends... It was very fun. We ate til we dropped...

Johns dad Picked up this awesome Cake...! The toys on top have finger puppets inside. They now rest in the nursery.
We played the diaper game! You know the one where you melt candy bars in diapers and everyone has to write down what they think it is... Yeah basically, I love, and married and PROCREATED with this man! Oh PS he guessed all 10 candy bars correctly... maybe we should lay off the candy for a while!

We also played the bottle drinking game. The boys were the most fun to watch. Baby bottles were filled with Sprite, Pepsi or water and whoever drank it the fastest was the winner... John also won this one but he cheated. He carries a pocket knife with him all the time and he slit the nipple for faster consumption!

Whoa! and here I am at 36weeks 5 days pregnant.. that's it little one, its time to serve you eviction papers.. I am to the point where I am ready for pregnancy to be over. Well what I really want to do is sleep on my stomach... I think little one is ready to come out too. I'm due 3 weeks from Wed but I think I will be seeing the inside of the hospital sooner than that... bags are packed and at the door. Car seat base is installed in Johns car, everything is washed and awaiting the new arrival...



4 comments:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Hope baby Hoover comes sooner than later! ;)

Kayla said...

That cake is so cute! So I have a gift to send and I'm such a procrastinator. I need to get it in the mail! Sorry! Maybe you'll have it by baby's first birthday :)

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

Well congrats! I'm sure you're little guy will bean active one, but you'll get a break, cause they usually take one after the labor process too... it's exhausting on all involved! You'll be fine though! Be blessed and we'll be looking for the announcement! :)

I'm Amy. Or Melynne. Whatever. said...

The surest way to guarantee you will go until your due date is to be prepared! Or maybe that's just my kids starting the control battles early. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. May your labor start sooner rather than later and be a piece of cake!