Thursday, June 4, 2009

A few random things

Not much has been going on in the Hoover House so here are a few pictures of the things we actually have done.
This is John and the fish he caught in the lake in our community. We threw them back in but it was certainly fun to see my husbands fishing skills. He caught 3 that day using little pieces of bread as bait!

On Sunday John BBQ-ed some ribs... man were they Yummy!

Any of you who have attended Girls Camp with me may remember these little blocks. Yes I kept them. We painted these blocks one year and I came across them recently and they are now on display in the Hoover House. Most of the blocks have 4 letter on them (one on each side) and a couple have a picture for the different holidays like Christmas, 4th of July, Valentines day. As you can see I have them sitting between John and my Wedding cake toppers. Last week I spelled out The Hoovers with them...
I hope we get to go some fun crafts at girls camp this year. I leave in a little more than 2 weeks (June 22) for Girls Camp as the Miamaid 2 (15year old) leader... I am so excited. I haven't been since I was a YCL (17 years old?)

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I wish I kept my blocks! They are so cute!

Unknown said...

The only thing I have from girl's camp is that wooden calendar we painted...do you remember that? I love how you used the blocks for your names!

and yes, I really am pregnant with #2. I'm due in Dec. ;D

sunnysnows said...

Cute! I totally recognized those blocks. We have ours up the front room. It's too bad I didn't do a better job on them, lol...