
I watched a few episodes of the show recently. I didn't watch all the dates and how his relationships started and grew with Melissa and Molly. I watched them with his family and then the choosing and proposal then the after the Final Rose. I say this.... engagements break all the time, does it suck that he did it on TV? Yes But does the fact that he is on TV make him not allowed to end an engagement.? Personally I don't think so. Here's how I see it...
1. They are on a TV show.
2. All aspects of their dating life are taped until the final choice and for some even after the cameras turn off.
3. People can change when the cameras turn off. Maybe they weren't right for each other. While on the show, they aren't exactly in real life. They don't have to work or take care of the bills or children or even grocery shop! "reality bites" sometimes.
4.The drama has us all taking and ABC's ratings up!
I think that Jason had to break up with her on TV so that when people saw him out with Molly later, they would freak out and call him a cheating dog. They are all real people who unfortunately had their hearts broke in front of millions. But I say better to have ended it now instead of half way into wedding plans or even worse, ending it a the alter.
That's my take.... what say you?


2 comments:
I never thought about it like that. Very interesting take on the whole issue. It totally sucked that he had to do it on tv....
You do have a great point I think I get caught up in the moment and I was totally like you freaking jerk you don't do that to a girl ever but yes now was way better before it got more serious and caused a lot more emotional damage. Thanks for being level headed about it!
Post a Comment