Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Night I've been waiting for...



Well people it finally happened! IM ENGAGED! On July 30th about 12:00 am John and I went on a walk around the Celebration Lake and we stopped at a bench that was noticably familiar to me. John said " isnt this the bench where we had our first alone kiss?" "Yes it is" I reply. So we decided to sit down. We talk about the day and what is wil be like when we are married. John throws in a couple "I loves yous" and I realize what he is trying to do but he is taking forever. So I decide to make things easier for him and I casually say "Why do you want to marry me?" and he replies " Why do you want to marry ME?" Then I say " you cant throw the question back at me without answering it first" ( I know perfect lead in for him right?) He then tells me why we wants to marry me. ( its private people) I then tell him why I want to marry him. My answer seemed so much more simple than his so then he says " well I wish my reasons were as simple as yours but with all that being said you just made my job alot easier" So I tease him and say, " but honey, you sit on your butt and mix cement all day how did I make that easier?" He said "not that job, This one" he took a deep breath, GOT ON HIS KNEE, opened a ring box that he had been holding for a good 20 minutes thinking i didnt know and said " Tawnya Jean Fowler, I love you so much Blah blah blah ( I told you its private) then he asked "Will you marry me?" I said "Yes of course!" He took out the ring and placed it on my finger while shaking. I asked why he was shaking and he said he was so nervous. I dont know why he was so nervous cuz he had secured a yes a long time ago but whatever.... And thats the story of my proposal. ....We had a cop take this picture( see above)
This is my new beautiful piece of jewelry!! I love it!!! I know you are all wondering the date so dont fall off your chair when I tell you it SEPTEMBER 27th 2008!! AAHHH I will soon be MRS John Paul Hoover!!













5 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!! Have fun planning!! I only wish I could be there! I'll try to facebook you my address whenever I go on it again!

Kayla said...

YAY! Congratulations. That's great. Where are you getting married? Will it be in Florida? Wish I could be there!

Shayla said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tawnya! I'm so happy for you:) Bevan's hands were shaking like crazy too when he proposed-even though we both knew I would say yes!

RONNIE said...

CONGRATS ya crazy fast moving mormon. !!!