Thursday, July 31, 2008

My time in Rexburg



So as some of you know Jeff Young got married on July 25th 2008. He is one of my very best friends. We used to work together in Rexburg and Melapuka.. I mean Melaleuca. He helped me through one of the hardest times in my life and I have been there for him when I was needed. Our friendship is perfect. For a long time people thought we were dating because I would get off at 5pm and wait with Jeff at his desk until he got off at 6 or 6:30. We hung out most nights at his house with his roomates. When people asked us if we were seeing eachother or asked why we werent seeing eachother we would respond " We are just really good friends but the relationship we have with eachother is exactly the relationship we want with whoever we marry". Fast forward 2 years and Jeff tells me that he is getting maried and that he would like me at the sealing.


So being the best friend that I am, I purchased a $420.00 plane ticket to SlC Utah and headed out to My Best Friends Wedding. (lol) John dropped me off at the airport at 4:30am Wed the 23rd. My flight was at 6am. My first layover was in Georgia for an hour. The next layover was in Las Vegas where I was greeted by slot machines in the terminal waiting for my flight to take off. (only in vegas). I arrived in SLC at 2:15pm and waited for my shuttle to rexburg that was due to arrive around 3pm. I got to rexburg around 8pm where Alicia Corkran ( soon to be sensor), picked me up. We went shopping at Brolums where I saw a couple friends from school.





As we were driving home we passed a car that Jeff just so happened to be standing at so i yelles stop the car and Alicia did. I ran ( okay powerwalked) and gave Jeff a hug where he introduced me to his fiancee Andrea. I got to see Rocky and Randy. Thursday I got to go to the temple with Alicia and Mark and then it came.. Friday! Jeffs wedding Day, the day I thought and hoped would never come. I hung out with Rocky and Randy and the twins and their wives all day. We had a blast. We went to the sealing took pictures and then headed to the luncheon. After the luncheon I got to talk to John a little and then it was time to go to the reception. We were the life of the party. We sent them off in Jeffs oreo covered; car compliments of his baby sister. I cried a little; I couldnt help but feel like a little piece of my soul died. Jeff was/is married!!! But soon I will be joining the club. I'd expect him to be at mine but its such short notice.



Anyway Congrats to Jeffrey David Young my boy, my shoulder to cry on, my teriyaki chicken my BEST FRIEND!!!!





















1 comment:

Hanifa Imani said...

i love ur blog. the color is just like mine. well u can go on my blog website if u want to. all u have to do is go to google and type in http://hanifa-hanifawilson.blogspot.com hope to see u there. bye