While I have a quiet moment, I thought I would write about Shane's birth story. I haven't written much about my pregnancy this time which I sorta have a reason for... most people don't know that I had a hard time getting really excited about this baby. Its not that I didnt want him, I just wasnt excited most of the time. I hope it was just hormones. I did get a little nauseous the first trimester, I found out that my SI Joint on my right side is not sturdy and so whenever I have extra hormones in my body (pregnant or nursing) it will act up, my pelvis felt like it was splitting apart during second and third trimesters, and I had braxton hicks contractions from 16 Weeks on. All this while chasing a 2 and 4 year old!
Now I know that those symptoms are mild compared to what a lot of women go through during their pregnancies but for me it was not as enjoyable as Cullen's pregnancy. Now on to the birth story....well the couple days leading to labor anyway!
Monday August 13th: 36 weeks 1 day
I picked up the 4 year old I watch, we head to the bank to deposit some money and on the drive home I start to notice a funny pain on the top of my stomach. It didnt feel like contractions just kind of an annoying pain in the top half of my belly. I got home, sat down and drank some water, took a shower which only made it feel worse, laid on my side, all the things they say to do to stop contractions if you are having them. The pain didnt go away.I called my doctors office and they said to go into labor and delivery to be monitored. So I dropped the 4 year old off at home and left Cullen there to play and headed to the hospital.
I get checked and I am 3 cm dilated. I hadn't been checked yet at the doctors so we don't know if I dilated that far that day or if I had been walking around like that for a while. They hooked me up to the fetal monitors and saw that I was contracting every few minutes.I was checked a few more times and it seemed like I went from 3 to a 4-5cm. After 8 and a half hours in triage they sent me home after pumping me with 2 bags of IV fluid and giving me pocardia which is a blood pressure medicine which helps stop contractions. My doctor was able to come in and see me as I was being discharged and said that my contractions had stopped and that I would deliver early but that I was too early for them to induce me, but if that he wouldn't stop me if I went into active labor. I had an appt scheduled with him for Friday.
Wednesday August 15th: 36 weeks 3 days
I had to spend the night at one of my bosses houses and watch her girls while she was out of town. All night I had contractions and could not sleep. I was waiting til the morning to call my doctor because I was not wanting repeat of Monday. The contractions were every 2-3 minutes lasting 30-60 seconds. My doctor told me to go get monitored again.
Thursday August 16th: 36 weeks 4 days
I was put on the monitors again. Again I was contracting and again the gave me and IV of fluid. I hadnt dilated anymore since Mondays ordeal so they sent me home after 2 hours and said to see my doctor at my appt the next day. They also put me on bed rest for the day! Yuck. Lucky for me I have a wonderful Husband who stayed home with me and took care of me and Cullen.
At Fridays appt I had a growth ultrasound scheduled and they said baby was approx 6lbs 10 oz. The doctor checked me and said that I was only 3cm dilated and that he could maybe stretch me to a 4 but would never say I was 5cm. I was frustrated because I had hoped that all that nonsense with triage was at least worth it. He again said that I would deliver early but didn't know how early. He didn't not put me on bed rest which I was worried about!
The rest of the weekend went by uneventfully. We went to the Tampa Aquarium on sat and walked and walked hoping it would at least dilate me more. The following week started with school starting back up for the girls and even the 4 year old started preschool. Everything was going fine until.....


2 comments:
What kind of lame story ends with going fine until..... I think you forgot the rest of your post.
ha ha nope just havent sat down to type it!
Post a Comment