Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh Yeah Did I Mention....

                                         That's right folks we are having another baby!
I found out on NEW YEARS EVE that I was pregnant. We were having a little gathering of friends that evening to watch the ball drop at our house. I decided that I wanted to wait until the clock struck Midnight and the ball dropped to drop MY bomb on John. So as we counted down the last few seconds of 2011, I turned to John and said "3,2,1- I'm pregnant!" He sat there and was like "what?" So again I say "I'm Pregnant!" He asked "Since when?" I say " I found out this morning" My neighbor told john that he didn't look too excited about it but he was just in shock because we actually hadn't intended on starting to "try" to get pregnant until January so he could have a baby born in his birth month... Heavenly father and this baby had other plans!
                                                            12 weeks
 We decided a while ago that we wanted to wait until Cullens birthday party to announce our newest addition. That meant keeping it quiet for almost 3 months... I had told my family in California a couple weeks earlier with strict instructions not to say anything, anywhere!
 We wanted to let Cullen have his special day so we wrapped this shirt and left it in the car until after the last present was opened. John ran to the car an got it and Cullen opened it up.It sure was a lot of fun watching everyone's reactions as the read the shirt and understood its meaning.
We are really excited and nervous to be having another baby. I am not looking forward to being up at night and having someone so dependent on me for everything again. We were just getting used to having a boy who could eat by himself, talk and he is starting to use the potty too! Nevertheless we are looking forward to his ( oh yeah ITS A BOY) arrival in early September.

Through the first few months of pregnancy we really felt like this baby was a girl and were very shocked and somewhat disappointed that we were having another boy.  After the shock wore off we decided that we are excited to be able to compare our 2 boys. And we are fortunate enough to have a lot of Cullen's clothes to pass down so hopefully we will only need diapers and wipes for this new little guy. We don't have a name picked out because before I was pregnant I had a girls name enter my mind and have not been able to get rid of it so that was to be our little girls name.... we are struggling to find a unique, but not off the wall name for him. I am 22 Weeks pregnant today and cant wait to see my little guy.

This pregnancy has been different from Cullen's. I did get a little nauseous this time and I found it hard to eat the first few months because nothing sounded good.... I'm cruising through my second trimester and looking forward to my last glimpse of him at 35 weeks at my size determaning ultrasound!
And there you go folks.... My reason for being so flighty in the blogging world!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Congrats! Exciting news!