Thursday, June 16, 2011

Call Me Crazy if you Wanna...

             Yesterday I pulled his potty out of the closet and decided to start to introduce it to him. Nothing with too much pressure but a friend of mine has a 7 month old and has researched Infant potty training or elimination communication I guess its called and it sounded interesting and made a little bit of sense to me. From what I got from her explanation was that, the longer children are in diapers the more dependant they are to using them therefore making it harder to transition to the toilet.I think there is a process to getting your infant to use a toilet. My friend will give a cue (pssss sound) and her daughter will pee.
            Obviously I dont have an infant anymore but I have decided that every time I go to the bathroom, I will but him on his potty too. He has a really cool potty because it has a sensor in it that when liquid hits it, IT SINGS HIM POTTY SONGS! I wanna use it. lol I noticed last night he started grunting so I picked him up and put him on the potty but he had already went in his diaper. We have books in there that we read while we sit and wait to go. This morning I took him in there right after he woke up (because we all have to go when we first wake up) and I got on my potty. He was a little shocked when he was peeing and it wasn't in a diaper, he gave a little whimper but HE WENT! yay. So of course I praised him and we went to put a diaper on him... baby steps.
           I figure its easier to introduce him to it while I am home most of the day during the summer rather than next year when I have to drive children around and pick them up from school. So wish me luck people.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Way to go Tawnya! I am so impressed that you tried it out so fast! Sometimes that is the hardest step, just taking the leap and starting it :) I read books on the potty with Annabelle, too. It helps them relax, so great job! Excited to hear how it goes! My advice, be relaxed and communicate everything you're doing with him :) Good luck!

Mrs. Boojwa said...

I've heard of that too. Good luck! :)

Shayla said...

Well something is crazy, I see a picture of a toilet with no words....boo!! :(

RONNIE said...

good luck! That would be AWESOME if ya can train him that young.